Friday, April 22, 2011

Taylor Hicks ~~ Taking Care of Business...


Taylor Hicks was taking care of business this week—working on his new record and opening a new restaurant!

Are we? I think so!

Many of you reading this are involved in websites, message boards, blogs and keeping taylorhicks.com and Twitter atwitter with Taylor Hicks news, music and chat.

If you are, you know how much fun it is!

And just a little bit of work. I’m going to repeat a line that I wrote here early on in this blogspot:

“We upload, download, and overload.”

Now, we tweet, twitpic, and tweetdeck.

I did not embrace social media. Heck, I didn’t embrace the internet! Now, I spend hours and hours here.

Twitter has given us a common forum to share what we think, what we do, and what in the world Taylor is doing. More importantly, (!) Taylor can share with us his view on life, music, where in the world he is and what in the world he is doing—or not share. (smile)

It’s somewhat of a level playing field…we all just get 140 characters. Well, unless you do the new “long tweet” which seems to me to defeat the purpose of Twitter. For the more verbose among us, there are blogs.

More than anything, Twitter gives the opportunity to come together and spread the word. Some time ago I wrote a blog about the “Chant in the Stadium” quoting music blogger, Bob Lefsetz, who talks about the “chant” where one person’s voice is picked up by others and becomes a forceful voice or chant. That’s what Twitter can do. Lefsetz has long championed the power of social media.

But this is not an assessment of Twitter! I’m just looking at the fan gathering reflected there.

I have never been involved with any other fan community. Shoot, I’ve never been a “real” fan before! So, I don’t have a “compared to what.”

It just seems to me that Taylor Hicks has a very active, engaged, and loyal group of fans who share their time and energies to support him. They take care of business!

In another week, many of you will be packing for the fun part!

I won’t be packing this month, but I hope to soon. Before you take off, I wanted to pat you on the back for taking care of business—the news, blogs, photos, twitpics, and tweets of Taylor’s career and music. If anyone wants to know anything about Taylor Hicks, they can sure find out on @TaylorRHicks on Twitter or websites, blogs, and Taylor web places!! Heck, I check other tweets to find information I need!!

HA! Tell me YOU don’t!!!

Now…go out there and take care of the fun!


Everyone going to a Taylor Hicks concert in the next month, have a blast!

Take pictures, send them to Twitter! Write your recaps and share!

Have fun!

After all, it’s “FRIDAY”… “gotta get down…”

(Shhhh….if you scroll down, I think “it’s” still here….)

~~~
Friday Footnote:

I felt free to talk about taking care of business this week because I finally did.

I took care of a long overdue update of our website. After feeling for a long time that I wasn’t doing Taylor proud and that I “couldn’t” do a lot, I learned by trial and error, redid mistakes, and embraced html code like never before. No, I haven’t switched to an easy “sitebuilder.”

Don’t ask.


Thanks to Cath who takes care of Connections Anthology and is always up to date and for her help also at TTHC. There would be a gaping hole without her!

I think we have some good things to share with you.

Yep, on Twitter!!!


Photo by San.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

All I can say is good work and carry on, ladies!

Cheers

san said...

Thanks, Julie. I think we'll try a little longer!
San

Anonymous said...

You are the best. Thank you for all your hard work in your 140 characters.

Xoxo
PTD661

san said...

You're the best, PTD! We gotta do another Taylor concert this summer!

Anonymous said...

Social Networking is "where it's at" and it's where all Taylor Hicks fans have congregated. Sometimes it is hard to communicate in 140 words or less and even with the 'long tweet', we don't always have time to read all the tweets we get.

I really appreciate all the blogs and the Taylor Hicks web sites and hope that we are helping him in some small way to further his career .

In a few years , there will be new network sources. I don't even want to think about that as I am still learning to tweet , face and be spacy !!!

cath