Thursday, November 25, 2010

Taylor Hicks ~~ Karma, dancing, and thanksgiving...


I am forever thankful for a beautiful family, caring friends, a good job and warm home.

I am also thankful for the balance in my life.

As winter blew in last weekend with cold, wet snow, I went out to bring in the cushions on the front porch chairs. I shook the covers to be sure I didn’t bring an outside creature inside. Unexpectedly, something did fall out.

Acorns.

I laughed and then felt sad as I realized I had destroyed the winter cache of a small critter, perhaps even the winter home!

I knew about acorns. They house Karma.

One winter I thought they would be a nice decorative addition on my coffee table and naively picked up many little piles of them, under leaves, tucked away. They did look pretty in the flat antique basket. Overnight they warmed up, and Karma came crawling out all over my coffee table and into the carpeting.

What they say about Karma is true!

The world is a serious place. Sometimes there is little to laugh about, let alone dance about.

I was stunned last week when I read:

“I thought the world couldn’t be any colder and emptier. Now it is.”

He had lost someone dear to him and then learned of the death of Matt Kimbrell. But she had lived just as Matt had. They all danced at midnight.

Taylor Hicks has said it is not about how many records you sell. It is about how many lives you touch.

I am thankful for those who still dance at midnight—those who make the music and those who dance.

I was happy to read last night that a "party of 10" was on the way to the airport to welcome home their Marine.


I am thankful that some of our troops will be having dinner at home with their families today!

And I am forever grateful for the service of our brave men and women in the Armed Forces who spend this day far from home.

God bless our troops and keep them safe wherever they are this Thanksgiving!


A blessed and Happy Thanksgiving from...

The Taylor Hicks Community


Don’t pick up the acorns!


Photo from photobucket.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mighty oaks from little acorns grow: Great things may come from small beginnings. Those seeds grow into the trees of Karma.

Yes don't pick up the acorns so they can root or become sustenance .

On this Thanksgiving Day , be grateful for the little things as they may just grow into something bigger.

cath

Anonymous said...

What a great blog! Happy Thanksgiving!

peece