Sunday, November 15, 2009

Taylor Hicks ~~ Fading the Distances


Are we on to something?

I did a rather light-hearted blog here when we all had our fingers clicking to the bone for a not-so-little North American Mr. Twitter Contest and THEN the expected Worldwide Mr. Twitter Contest. We were seriously engaged in supporting our favorite twitterer, Taylor Hicks.

Remember that?

Did that somewhat seemingly frivolous battle open the door to a not-so-frivolous campaign?

During The Great Twitter Battle, I said here in an August blog, “Victories”:

“Funny about victories. They can’t always be seen in the final tally. In whatever ranking Taylor finishes, perhaps the greatest victory is in The Soul Patrol’s coming together for a common purpose.”

In late September, WorkPlay was the center of the universe for the Soul Patrol. From as far away as England, fans came to Birmingham in a gathering of the faithful. Through the magic of electronics (Yeh, I know it wasn’t “magic”) fans were at home listening, chatting online and sharing the magic (Yeh, I know it was pure talent) of Taylor Hicks live on stage.

After WorkPlay in her blog here, “The Distance Between Us Will Fade,” Evancol shared her thoughts.

In part, she said:

“It isn’t the cellcert I am proud of, although I am really glad we didn’t flop! It is the admin/owners from the 4 boards, boards with different members, different philosophies and definitely different opinions, putting all that aside to bring fans together to celebrate Taylor. It is the members of the four boards who embraced the idea and supported it from the word go. It is the SPIRIT I saw in everyone who participated. … It was all the right things a fan base can be.

“I got a lot of feedback from people about how great they thought it was that the boards were working together and that it was TIME. I think it’s past time, and I hope we can keep that spirit alive going into 2010.”

“… I am proud to have been a small part of such a dedicated and enthusiastic group. I think we were all reminded how much fun it is to share the magic that is Taylor Hicks…. And Taylor was right, the distance between us DID fade away.”

http://thetaylorhickscommunity.blogspot.com/2009_10_01_archive.html

Last week on http://www.taylorhicks.com/, in a true outpouring of love and caring for our veterans and our troops, we shared stories of our loved ones who have served and continue today to bravely serve our country. As we proudly remembered our family and friends, Taylor showed his appreciation by giving away a download of his patriotic song “19” on various humanitarian and military websites. It was a truly inspiring day of coming together for a common cause that we could all support.

Could we be on to something? I mean this common ground thing…

Is Taylor right? The distance between us will fade...


Well, get out your mittens…the universe collides next in frigid Wisconsin. Oh wait, I’ll be sitting right here in my nice warm home. But the wonderful world of electronics will be there! Yeh, we’re connecting the universe again at Madison, WI for Taylor’s High Noon Shadow Tour on December 11th.

While I embrace the electronics that I so long avoided (Yeh, I know…)

Common ground moves to the High Noon Saloon!

For more information on the chatcert from Madison, WI on December 11th, visit Taylor Hicks fansites—New Found Freedom, Season of the Soul, The Official Soul Patrol, or The Taylor Hicks Community.

And Taylor is giving away 10 free tickets! Visit
www.taylorhicks.com for details!


Thanks to RagsQueen for the photo of a smiling Taylor from Epcot Center!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly hope we are "on to something" . I have seen members of diverse Taylor fan boards merging to enjoy chat and fellowship on the taylorhicks.ning site. I have noticed a distinct change in attitude by many Taylor fans and it makes me smile to see this happen.

While there will always be a differences , the similarities stressed for the common good seems to be prevailing.

Let this comradery continue, for it can only help Taylor's fans become more cohesive and more effective in promoting him.

Join these 4 boards on December 11, 2009 to listen to Taylor perform at the High Noon Saloon and share your thoughts about the performance as it happens.


cath

RagsQueen said...

I've met fans from different boards and we all have one thing in common - enjoying the music of Taylor Hicks. I like that the boards come together to provide a group cellcert. Only when any distances fade can we truly be one fan base that supports the goal - and that's the goals of Taylor Hicks.

Thanks for the post!

Wonder said...

Wonderful blog, San!

Music really is the universal language. I truly believe that opportunities to bring all of Taylor's fans together, such as these group cellcerts, will bridge the gaps between us and we can get back to what really matters. And that is the music.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the High Noon Saloon cellcert. Is it time to go yet? :)