Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Seven Mile Breakdown" spins on country radio!


Taylor Hicks sends his country rock hit, "Seven Mile Breakdown," from his album, The Distance, to radio today!

“The sun is sinkin’ down on the delta
Seven Miles is the only sign that lights our way
I hope someone is there to care about me
I’m gonna tear this old place down
And I’ll be on my way.”

The rowdy, bluesy country rock sound was written by Taylor and friend and former band mate, Wynn Christian. Backup includes some fine slide guitar work by Doyle Bramhall II. "Seven Mile Breakdown” is the second single released by Taylor from The Distance, out now on his own record label, Modern Whomp Records. "What's Right is Right" was released in January.

The gritty delta country tune plays out on video Wednesday on AOL.

Tune in for country rock with Taylor Hicks!

Get “Seven Mile Breakdown” on The Distance at music retailers Target, Walmart, Bestbuy, Amazon and iTunes.
Graphic by san from capture by Gypsee~American Idol_FOX. Please do not repost.

3 comments:

RagsQueen said...

Looking forward to the new video!

jerseyirish said...

Gonna stay up late to see if it comes out around 11-12like WRIR did, can't wait to see his take on this song in video!!!


JI

san said...

I'm glad to know that I won't be the only one up late tonight!

Thanks for your comments!