Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Taylor Hicks at WorkPlay~~Paying the Dream Forward...



Funny how things come together in a day.

I was having an online conversation this morning about angels unaware and when and where they may be.

And Elizabeth Edwards died.

We knew it was coming. The evening news had just said that her treatment was no longer working and she would only have weeks.

She only had hours.

But this is not about dying. This is about living.

In reviewing her life and words, the evening news quoted her as saying when she knew this was terminal that she would “own the days until then.”

She spoke candidly: “The days of our lives for all of us are numbered.”

Then I saw the unexpected interview from Birmingham with Taylor and Carson on ABC3340.

The young musician and cancer survivor, Carson James, will open for Taylor Hicks Thursday night at WorkPlay. ABC3340 called it “The chance of a lifetime to play along side an Idol,” for the Pelham, Al, teenager.

Taylor spoke about his own struggle in being heard:

“I know what it feels like to try to get your music out there, and I also know how hard it is to get your music out there and have it heard.”

Carson, who is battling stage-four bone cancer, stays positive:

“I’m just feeding my soul and playing music and making the most of my life that I actually can.”

Battles lost, battles won…

When the 22-year-old Taylor Hicks met the angel in the yellow dress which he recounted recently on Biography Channel, his life was ahead of him. And it was his to live.

Question was, how would he live it?

Which brings me to WorkPlay, 2010!

Taylor Hicks has come a long way since the first time he played at WorkPlay. Carson James is just starting his musical journey. But they share the stage and share a dream…that their music be heard!

It seems to me like Taylor Hicks is paying the dream forward!

If the message of the angel in the yellow dress was for Taylor to make changes, he made some good ones. He continues to live the dream…and share it!

~~~
I wish that I could fight my battles with the smile and grace of Elizabeth Edwards.

And Carson James.

Battles lost, battles won…

~~~
Safe travels to all going to Birmingham for WorkPlay! Enjoy it like it is the last one—it might be in that building.

And know that you are sharing a dream…and a battle won!

May we all fight our battles with a smile and with the sound of good music!

Taylor and Carson, you all ROCK!

Know that my heart will be in B’ham!


~~~

ABC3340 Interview with Carson James and Taylor Hicks:
Screencap by Cath2008.

1 comment:

tishlp said...

Reading this blog reminds me how small my problems are compared to the struggles of others. Taylor is an inspiration with the way he continues to make his career about sharing the music and touching lives.